Zeiss IOLMaster Customer Service: 1-877-486-7473 ext.
IOLMaster — Update Installation.
The following is a description of the installation of the software upgrade
to version 5, as well as the calibration of the keratometer adjustment
To install the software, carry out the following steps:
No USB device may be connected to the IOLMaster while the update software is
- Switch the IOLMaster on.
- Wait until all internal system tests have been performed and the Patient
- Open the CD-RW drive on the left side of the IOLMaster and insert the
- To launch the update procedure, click on Setup in the Options pull-down
menu and select Update.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. After installation the IOLMaster
will be automatically shut down and then booted up again.
- Remove the upgrade CD from the drive. Once the IOLMaster has booted up
and a message prompting a check of the calibration appears, the software
update has been completed.
If you wish to switch off the IOLMaster after the software update, click
on the EXIT icon and confirm with OK. Do not switch the IOLMaster off
at the power switch until the cursor on the screen can no longer be
moved using the touchpad (for IOLMaster with black power switch) or
the screen is completely black (IOLMaster with green illuminated power
Please check the current software version of your IOLMaster after
restarting. For this purpose, click on About IOLMaster in the ? pulldown
After updating to version 5, patients already measured on the same day
with version 4 cannot be re-measured. Patient measurements should
therefore be completed before the update is carried out.
These patients can be measured with version 5 in a completely new
session on the following day.
The mean value of single measurements taken with version 4 will
continue to be displayed. The composite signal and composite reading
are not determined here.
Calibration instructions for the keratometer adjustment
aid (traffic light display)
If the Advanced Technology Software version 5 has been installed on your device
and you wish to use the keratometer adjustment aid (traffic light display),
it must first of all be calibrated.
- Switch the IOLMaster on.
- Wait until all internal system tests have been completed and the Patient
Manager appears upon confirming the calibration prompt with OK.
- In the Options pull-down menu, click on Setup and use the Program
Settings to display the Program dialog. Activate the Adjustment
aid here (and Automatic,
if you wish).
- Create a new patient with New.
- Change to keratometer mode by clicking the appropriate icon or pressing
the <K> key.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
The test eye must be clean. If the test eye for the IOLMaster is not
available, abort the calibration process with Cancel. The
Adjustment aid will then be deactivated in the Program Settings
dialog and can no longer be used.
If the software is unable to perform the calibration (message
described under item 10 is repeatedly displayed), the cause may be
inadequate room lighting. It is recommended that the front panel
and test eye be shielded from direct or lateral light. The best results
will be obtained when the examination room is slightly darkened.
- Then you will be prompted to repeat the process once again.
- If the
calibration process was successful, a message to this effect will
be displayed. The keratometer adjustment aid (traffic light display)
can now be used to position the keratometer at the optimum measurement
- If a message appears stating that variance between
the calibration values of the two calibrations was too wide, the
entire calibration process must be repeated from Step 7 onwards.