IOLMaster — Calibrating Keratometer Aid.
Calibration instructions for the keratometer adjustment
aid (traffic light display)
If the Advanced Technology Software version 5 has been installed on your device
and you wish to use the keratometer adjustment aid (traffic light display),
it must first of all be calibrated.
- Switch the IOLMaster on.
- Wait until all internal system tests have been completed and the Patient
Manager appears upon confirming the calibration prompt with OK.
- In the Options pull-down menu, click on Setup and use the Program
Settings to display the Program dialog. Activate the Adjustment
aid here (and Automatic,
if you wish).
- Create a new patient with New.
- Change to keratometer mode by clicking the appropriate icon or pressing
the <K> key.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
The test eye must be clean. If the test eye for the IOLMaster is not
available, abort the calibration process with Cancel. The
Adjustment aid will then be deactivated in the Program Settings
dialog and can no longer be used.
If the software is unable to perform the calibration (message
described under item 10 is repeatedly displayed), the cause may be
inadequate room lighting. It is recommended that the front panel
and test eye be shielded from direct or lateral light. The best results
will be obtained when the examination room is slightly darkened.
- Then you will be prompted to repeat the process once again.
- If the
calibration process was successful, a message to this effect will
be displayed. The keratometer adjustment aid (traffic light display)
can now be used to position the keratometer at the optimum measurement
- If a message appears stating that variance between
the calibration values of the two calibrations was too wide, the
entire calibration process must be repeated from Step 7 onwards.