Zeiss IOLMaster Customer Service: 1-877-486-7473 ext.
IOLMaster — Axial Length Measurement
Results - Example Signal Curves.
Valid Signal Curves
- Very good signals (signal-to-noise ratio > 10)
- Several secondary maxima visible (system specific)
- Clear media, correctly fixating patient
- Weak ametropia
- Clear signal (SNR > 2.0)
- Secondary maxima visible
- Relatively clear media
- Valid signal in "Borderline SNR" range of 1.6 ... 2.0
- Steep rise of measuring signal
- Such readings are marked on the display by an exclamation mark
and the message "Borderline SNR" appears.
This reading may be used after verification and comparison with other
data from this series of measurements.
Maladjustments on the Graph
- Low signal (signal-to-noise ratio 1.6)
- Error message is displayed.
- The measuring signal cannot be clearly distinguished from the
- Unsteady (non fixating) patient
- Strong ametropia
- Dense medial opacity along the visual axis
Repeat the measurement!
Ask the patient to fixate steadily.
Arizona's Top Eye Doctors - East Valley Ophthalmology provides this online
information for educational and communication purposes only and
it should not be construed as personal medical advice. Information
published on this website is not intended to replace,
supplant, or augment a consultation with an eye care professional
regarding the viewer/user's own medical care. East Valley Ophthalmology's
disclaims any and all liability for injury or other damages that
could result from use of the information obtained from this site. Please read our full Terms, Privacy, Infringement
Eye Doctors for Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, AZ and surrounding areas.
A few of our featured topics:
East Valley Ophthalmology. All rights reserved.